In 1917 a Bible Society colporteur, Felix Vacas, began working here in co-operation with Percy Buffard, the founder of the Mission, living at that time in Castellón de la Plana. As a result of Gospel preaching in the open air and in political halls, good news came from a far country to the thirsty souls of this part of La Mancha.
The first Valdepeñas Christians met in private homes and eventually a building was purchased through the kind gifts of believers in the UK. The Church met in the same building for about 75 years.
In 1925 the church began a primary school. The school was run by a converted priest and eventually there were 50 scholars. In the late 20s and 30s the Mission and the church ran a Bible Institute which trained many young men for the work of the Gospel.
In 2007 the church opened a new premises. The land for this was given by the Valdepeñas Town Council. The photos show the church interior and the pastor, Benjamin Santana, with his wife Elisabeth.
The photograh below shows the plaque on the wall of the church, which is dedicated to the memory of Percy Buffard.